Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I malt a lot - anyone have any tips for strong healthy hair growth? My hair keeps falling out in the shower :(?

I always had thick hair as a child and in my early teenage years but ever since about 2-3 years ago, my hairs been falling out at alarming rates in the shower and if I attempt to brush it (I don't often having slight curls) and am always finding hair all over my carpet!


I've tried a few things - not washing so often, buying a silk pillow, getting it regularly trimmed, even going to the doctor to be prescribed iron and zinc tablets but none seem to make my hair stay healthy so it can grow!


I want it to be mid back length by the middle of next year in time for my 18th but it's been this length (a bit past shoulders) for ages!I malt a lot - anyone have any tips for strong healthy hair growth? My hair keeps falling out in the shower :(?
try hair oil; it really works! put it on at nite before bed and wake up and shampoo it off. usually coconut hair oil works the best but try others to suit ur hairI malt a lot - anyone have any tips for strong healthy hair growth? My hair keeps falling out in the shower :(?
if u look in your local super market they have shampoo that specializes in hair strenghening. prevents malting
It's good you don't brush it too much- the thing is, we shed 100-200 hairs daily, and because you don't brush, i suppose when you touch your head, a lot of hairs come out at once. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about- also, washing it less is also a good idea (I get a feeling people will give me thumbs down for this); but shampoos and conditioners in the shops are filled with harmful chemicals that aren't going to help your cause. What I would suggest is; once a week give your hair a hot oil treatment. Rub olive oil in your hair (massage it well, this will stimulate growth) and then wrap a steaming (not boiling) towel around your hair. Leave it for 1/2 hour to an hour, then wash the oil out with a bit of shampoo and conditioner. The second tip i would give you is; examine your diet. Are you eating healthy enough? This is often overlooked. Lastly, try not to tie your hair up too tight; give your scalp some breathing space. Pulling on your hair causes stress to the follicles. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment